Friday, May 20, 2011

I don't like jet lag.

It's 6:00 am in Paris. I'm impressed that my body allowed me even five hours of sleep.

It was a very long day yesterday. I had to be at the airport at 10 am in Calgary to catch a 1pm flight to Frankfurt, and in the process, moving my watch forward eight hours. I then sat around the airport for two-and-a-half hours, hopped a 45-minute flight to Paris, toured around the city until 4pm, checked into the hotel, had dinner at 730pm and finished the night at a cafe. You'd THINK my body would be screaming at me to get rest.

Instead, I was up at 430 am, and I'm now watching the sun colour the sky as it comes over the horizon, and listening to the sounds of the City of Lights. This place is amazing.

Today is our "free day" on the schedule. Everyone is pretty much scattering around the city, from a fantastic-sounding flea market in the northern part of the city to the rather touristy things such as visits to the Arc de Triomphe and the Louvre. Some of us will then convene to celebrate a birthday at the Eiffel Tower, which I know will be fabulous.

I won't bore you with what I plan - let's just say it has nothing to do with a flea market but everything to do with walking shoes and, quite possibly, my wallet - but I'm just hoping my body keeps up with me. Save the rest for when I really need it: tomorrow's performance at Eglise Ste-Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment